cubietruck nand system upgrade

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

cubietruck nand system upgrade

Postby chancho » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:08 am

i have a cubietruck which was flash the archlinux in nand. although i ignore the uboot package, after a system upgrade, the eth0 failed to work. i also found the uboot for cubietruck version which will write the uboot into sd card instead of nand.
chancho

Re: cubietruck nand system upgrade

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:27 pm

Considering we're never officially supported a nand install ...
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby chancho » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:44 pm

yes, i understand, i also understand cubietruck is not offically support. actually, i am thinking, i want a headless server and cubieboard2 is good enough for the job except the lan speed (it is ok for watching hd movie). i just bring up my problem so the other having similar problem can discuss.
chancho

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:56 pm

My laced comment was in reference to the uboot only having sd install. It is built for SD, and might work for NAND, but you'll have to run that command yourself. See the binary in /boot/*
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby emmasam » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:45 am

Thanks for your reply. I have made sure that it's the only network running but still no luck. With ethernet everything is ok though.

Last edited by emmasam on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
emmasam

Postby maggu2810 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:06 am

For 3.4
FHANDLE needs to be set in kernel configuration to get a up to date system working with getty, ... and systemd.
For the systemd DHCP client you also need a modified kernel.
I am running multiple (10 ATM) CubieTruck boards with a customized (not supported by the archlinux team) kernel.
You could try it, if it suffers your needs.
Cannot grant that the kernel is bug free multiple features are backported.
This is just a playground for me.

Perhaps the NAND support will be added to the generic armv7 kernel (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7476#p40883). There is some work on the "NAND Driver (WiP: Boris Brezillon (bbrezillon)) patch-v5: 1, 2" (http://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining_effort).
maggu2810

Return to ARMv7h