Can't login with ssh to cubox-i4 installation using wireless

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Re: Can't login with ssh to cubox-i4 installation using wire

Postby tuxx » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:08 pm

firmware-brcm43xx is installed.

I tested with the services as you suggested with no luck.

Thanks anyway!
tuxx

Postby pepedog » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:11 pm

You don't need either of those services started for wifi, they are for Bluetooth only and will degrade wifi I am told
pepedog
Developer

Postby crazystick » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:14 pm

I don't know if this helps, but I have the Cubox-i2eX with WiFi option, and I downloaded the firmware at

http://myplugbox.com/cb/cuboxi-brcm-firmware.tar.gz

and just copied the two text files into /usr/lib/firmware/brcm - I'm able to use SSH etc. with no issues. This chip seems pretty flaky to me so I'm not 100% thrilled with it, but if you don't need bluetooth, maybe you're better off without the firmware-brcm43xx package?
crazystick

Postby tuxx » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi crazystick,

I removed the firmware and used the txt files you suggested with no luck. My problem remains as it was. Wifi works but no ssh :(
tuxx

Postby pepedog » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:35 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('crazystick', 'I') don't know if this helps, but I have the Cubox-i2eX with WiFi option, and I downloaded the firmware at

http://myplugbox.com/cb/cuboxi-brcm-firmware.tar.gz

and just copied the two text files into /usr/lib/firmware/brcm - I'm able to use SSH etc. with no issues. This chip seems pretty flaky to me so I'm not 100% thrilled with it, but if you don't need bluetooth, maybe you're better off without the firmware-brcm43xx package?

Those are the same files as in pkg. just installing pkg does not start bluetooth
pepedog
Developer

Postby tuxx » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:25 pm

The behaviour is weird in general. I cannot login with SSH from my linux pc or putty from windows but I can send commands from an ssh remote from my android device. I have tested everything with no luck and I have ended up using telnet :D
tuxx

Previous

Return to ARMv7h