Bluetooth on Nexus 7

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Bluetooth on Nexus 7

Postby sheeponmeth » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:47 am

Hi, first time posting,

So, I've been following this guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G9v ... iLmB4/edit

It's been amazingly helpful. As helpful as it's been, there's been some hiccups. Not everything is working as well as it should. I've figured a few things out on my own, but now I'm stuck on bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse I'd like to use, but when I "hidd --search" it returns nothing. I've followed the tutorial, then I ditched Bluez4 in favour of Bluez current (5.X), now hidd isn't found, I'm assuming it was a part of Bluez4 and not Bluez current, but still I get problems with bluetoothctl.

I tried to install all that was necessary for blueman, but I found myself in a pretty big pile of dependencies when I tried compiling it all manually.

I'm new to Arch in general, I'm more of a Debian person (I'm getting the impression a lot of people are biased against Debian for some reason, if anyone wants to clear that up for me that'd be awesome).

I'm well versed in Linux administration, but I don't know a whole lot at the 'level' of things, very little really.

Thanks.
sheeponmeth

Re: Bluetooth on Nexus 7

Postby pepedog » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Firstly, what kernel version? Bluez5 needs a later kernel. 3.4 or better
Next, latest systemd update night have broke firmware loading, goto rollback.archlinuxarm.org and try an older one
pepedog
Developer

Return to ARMv7h