HP Chromebook 11 Exynos

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

HP Chromebook 11 Exynos

Postby sheeponmeth » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Hey,

Not sure if this should be under the Hardware section, but I figured it was still relevant here.

So, I'm trying to get Arch on my Chromebook as the title suggests. I'm having a some difficulties even getting a bootable USB volume going.

The trouble stems from the fact that parted and partprobe have been removed from ChromeOS. These were two of the tools used for creating bootable volumes under ChromeOS.

I would be able to do the work of setting up the volume on my Arch VM if I could find a cgpt binary or source. The trouble there, I think, is that cgpt is specific to ChromeOS. It seems that it labels or sets up the partitions in a unique ChromeOS way.

So, my question is, does anyone know where I can find cgpt source, or parted/partprobe arm packages that I can install in ChromeOS? Will grabbing the parted and partprobe packages from AUR and cross-compiling them for arm work? I can see myself running into some dependency issues there.
sheeponmeth

Re: HP Chromebook 11 Exynos

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Please review the official instructions for the XE303C, as they have been updated with replacement commands to address most of this.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to ARMv7h