Asus C100P Flip and C201PA

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Asus C100P Flip and C201PA

Postby klundry » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:07 am

Arch is working on my Flip and since the C201PA shares the exact same Rockchip internals I figured we could discuss this together. I'm hoping others that are tinkering with arch on their chromebooks will help figure some of these issues out.

All the main things are working for the most part but I have a number of things I'm still trying to figure out.

Works: X, Wifi, touchscreen, keyboard, touchpad, sleep, screen brightness

Doesn't work:

-Wifi will connect but only manually through wifi-menu/netctl. I haven't been able to get it to autoconnect at all. Also, wifi disappears after waking from sleep (EDIT: As per keenerd's advice, blacklisting the btsdio module makes wifi come back after suspend). Like the system no longer thinks the wlan0 interfaces exists and requires a reboot.

-Sound doesn't work. Alsa sees two devices, ROCKHIP-I2S and ROCKCHIPHDMI. I2S is the default but I can get no sound to play. EDIT: Sound works. I messed my alsa settings all up and upon reinstalling on the emmc unmuting "Right Speaker Right/Left DAC" I have sound.

-Disabling the keyboard and touchpad obviously don't work by default and I'm not sure how to go about making that work. Even just creating a script that I can click manually when I flip into tablet mode would be sufficient for the time being.
Last edited by klundry on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klundry

Re: Asus C100P Flip and C201PA

Postby keenerd » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:55 am

I can't help you with all of those problems, but some of them I address at
at http://kmkeen.com/c100p-tweaks/ and https://github.com/keenerd/c100p-tweaks/

For wifi-after-suspend you want to blacklist btsdio. In general wpa_supplicant has no problems. Are you using alsa or pulse for sound?
keenerd

Postby klundry » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:41 am

Wow! It looks like you've already found solutions to a lot of my issues. That's really cool that you've written it all down and made it available!

I had pulse audio installed but I uninstalled it while trying to get audio working. I unmuted Right Speaker Mixer Right/Left DAC but I still can't get any sound.
klundry

Postby klundry » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:00 am

I have a few questions regarding all your tweaks.

What do I do with the scripts? I see that the modules and backlight .conf files just go in those directories. But what do I do with all the other ones? Do I just have them auto run at startup?

I have been using the program light to adjust my backlight and it seems to be working fine. What is your script doing differently?

How are you auto-connecting your wifi? Or are you?

Thanks again for all this great information!
klundry

Postby keenerd » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:00 pm

> But what do I do with all the other ones? Do I just have them auto run at startup?

No, you bind them to hotkeys through your WM. Except for the auto-suspend script, that one is run at startup.

> I have been using the program light to adjust my backlight and it seems to be working fine. What is your script doing differently?

No idea, I've never heard of that program.

> How are you auto-connecting your wifi? Or are you?

Through wpa_supplicant.
keenerd

Return to ARMv7h