[SOLVED] Networking on multiple ZedBoards

[SOLVED] Networking on multiple ZedBoards

Postby grmix » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi,

I am doing some faculty project with ZedBoard and I wanted to connect few of them (3 or 4) to make some kind of distributed homogeneous "cluster". When I connected two of them, everything worked like a charm.
I changed the file $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/etc/systemd/network/eth0.network') , restarted it with $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'systemctl restart systemd-networkd.service') and I could ping each ZedBoard without any problems. The program that i ran worked excellent as well.

The problems started when I wanted to get the third Zed into the story. I used some switch to connect all 3 of ZedBoards and gave them different ipv4 address. I had some packet losses and I had weird situation where I could have pinged Zed2 and Zed3 from Zed1, but I couldn't ping anything from Zed2 or just I could have pinged just one Zed from Zed3.

I thought that it was my wrong network setup and decided to use router with dhcp address assignment but I ran into even bigger problems. My router simply didn't give them different IPv4 address and there were some messages that there exists some duplicated IPv6 addresses (the same message printed out when I connected 3 Zeds with switch).

Did anyone tried to connect 3 or more devices with Arch linux ARM on them?
What have I done wrong?

Kind regards,
grmix
Last edited by grmix on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grmix

Re: Networking on multiple ZedBoards

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Check your boards for MAC address conflicts.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: Networking on multiple ZedBoards

Postby grmix » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:08 pm

Thank you very very much WarheadsSE.
MAC address conflict was the reason of this problem.

This problem can be solved using this link:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MA ... s_spoofing

And this link for generating random MAC address where you can type MAC address prefix:
http://www.miniwebtool.com/mac-address-generator/

Once again,
Thank you :)
grmix

Return to Xilinx