[updated] A0 cpu stop ok. A0 cpu runs ok.

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Amlogic SoC.

[updated] A0 cpu stop ok. A0 cpu runs ok.

Postby ViCy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:59 pm

Can somebody explain what I'm seeing with these console messages? They occur in the following groups of four messages, and repeat every few minutes.

[xxxxx.yyyyyy@2] A0 cpu stop ok.
[xxxxx.yyyyyy@2] A0 cpu runs ok.
[xxxxx.yyyyyy@2] A0 cpu stop ok.
[xxxxx.yyyyyy@2] A0 cpu runs ok.

The xxxx appears to be number of seconds since boot. I assume yyyyyy is microseconds, and the messages within each group of four appear separated by less than a couple of milliseconds, with just a few hundred microseconds separating the first three.

Edit:
These messages do show up in journalctl -xr
They appear to be getting generated by odroid kernel:
<Date><Time> odroid kernel: A0 cpu...

I reinstalled from scratch to the 3.10.72-1 kernel, and didn't see the problem for more than 20 minutes.
I then did a pacman -Syu to upgrade to the current kernel version 3.1.72-3 and the messages appeared within the first minute and again about every 11 minutes thereafter.
I installed nothing beyond the base installation package.

Anybody else seeing this problem?
ViCy

Re: [updated] A0 cpu stop ok. A0 cpu runs ok.

Postby ViCy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:27 pm

After further investigation, it appears that this problem is being caused by the RTC (real time clock).
The problem occurs about every 11 minutes, which corresponds with some information at this reference http://linux.die.net/man/4/rtc
If I disconnect the RTC battery, the problem goes away.
With the battery reconnected, the messages start occurring again. In addition, the RTC will not synch up with the system time when commanded using #hwclock -w. The RTC appears to stay several seconds (1-4) behind the system clock.

A similar problem occurs in the HardKernel version of the kernel: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=11232
ViCy

Return to Amlogic