Using camera with Pi

Raspberry Pi 2

Using camera with Pi

Postby joshr » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:16 am

Hey All,

I am having difficulties connecting to a camera, specifically this one: http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/Fir ... 01.2F01.29 (Datasheet is actually provided there)

I have downloaded the raspberrypi-firmware-tools and made the following changes.

My additions to /boot/config.txt are:
start_x=1
start_file=start_x.elf
fixup_file=fixup_x.dat

gpu_mem=128
cma_lwm=16
cma_hwm=32
cma_offline_start=16

I have blacklisted:
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
blacklist i2c_bcm2708

and have added:
/etc/modules-load.d/rpi-camera.conf
bcm2835-v4l2

raspistill -v gives:

mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1:ENOMEM)
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1)
mmal: Failed to create camera component
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly

and searching for the camera:
vcgencmd get_camera
supported=1 detected=0

I have reconnect the camera a few times.... any thoughts?
joshr

Re: Using camera with Pi

Postby sdjf » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:07 pm

Since you have gotten no other replies, let me try, although all I can make are basic suggestions for the camera as a USB device.

First, you want to run lsusb, and make sure it is on the output. If it is, that will give you the product and vendor ID numbers, which you might need to make sure are covered in your modules.alias file.

If it is covered, you should also do lsmod, to make sure the module has been loaded. You can try "modprobe NAMEOFMODULE" to get it to load.

Another thing to try is, after detaching and reattaching the camera, to run dmesg and look at what the system says about the camera. That could tell you a lot.
sdjf

Return to Broadcom