kodi-rbp and provides

Raspberry Pi 2

kodi-rbp and provides

Postby rpcameron » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Is it possible for future releases of platform specific packages (specifically Kodi) to include a 'provides' statement in the PKGBUILD?

In the case of Kodi, the package name is 'kodi-rbp', however when trying to build addons or other pkgs that depend on kodi, they don't see 'kodi-rbp' as equivalent to 'kodi', forcing the addon's PKGBUILD to be modified with each update.

Couldn't this be resolved by placing a 'provides = ( 'kodi' )' statement in the PKGBUILD, so that dependent packages will realize they are the same?
rpcameron

Re: kodi-rbp and provides

Postby moonman » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby rpcameron » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:00 pm

I don't know why I didn't see that when I looked before I posted. (I guess I didn't look far enough down into the individual builds.)

Of course, that begs the question then, why won't the PVR addons build without modifying their PKGBUILD? When I attempt to build them, I get the error: $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'looking for conflicting packages...
:: kodi and kodi-rbp are in conflict (xbmc). Remove kodi-rbp? [y/N]
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: kodi and kodi-rbp are in conflict')
I have to manually edit the PKGBUILD build to replace 'kodi' with 'kodi-rbp' for it to build, even though the kodi-rbp package says it is providing 'kodi'. What am I missing?
rpcameron

Postby moonman » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:07 am

Which aur package you are trying to install?
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby rpcameron » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:41 pm

kodi-addon-pvr-mythtv-git

The depends line is:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'depends("kodi>=$API.0" "kodi<$[$API+1].0")')
Is it the AUR PKGBUILD checking for a specific version of the pkg that is overriding the provides statement?

I'm curious that no one is experiencing this or has mentioned it any place previously.
rpcameron

Postby moonman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:39 pm

moonman
Developer

Postby rpcameron » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:45 pm

In that case, shouldn't the kodi-rbp PKGBUILD have something like:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'provides=('xbmc' 'kodi=16.0')') or $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'provides=('xbmc' "kodi=$pkgver")')
This would ensure that kodi-rbp is a drop-in replacement for kodi, and is functionally equivalent for other packages that rely upon kodi (and a specific version of kodi).
rpcameron

Return to Broadcom