CEC & Kodi

Raspberry Pi 2

CEC & Kodi

Postby pejobo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:17 pm

CEC isn't working for me at all. Kodi debug log is not registering any key press. When kodi starts a popup is sysing "CEC connected: TV". My setup is Pi <-- HDMI --> AV-Reciever <-- HDMI --> TV. Changing the "connected to device" (either TV or Amplifier) changes nothing [but strange this setting is not always visible, only after resetting the settings to its defaults?]

I don't know where to search. I followed the steps mentioned in arch-wiki .

# kodi --version
14.2 Git:Unknown Media Center Kodi
pejobo

Re: CEC & Kodi

Postby moonman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:41 pm

Have you tried connecting rpi directly to the tv? Maybe receiver isn't forwarding cec. My H&K has cec disabled by default.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby pejobo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Thank you for this advice, will try it. My receiver is forwarding CEC (it works with OpenElec or Raspbmc), but it could help to eliminate a potential problem.
pejobo

Postby pejobo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Plugging HDMI directly to TV didn't fix it. As stated earlier the same configuration worked with Pi v1 running Raspbmc. Issuing commands from the pi via cec-client is working (like e.g. "set active source", tested with kodi user).
I tried changing the port in kodi but to no avail. From time to time the setting "connected to" in CEC config menu inside kodi disappears. It reappears when using the "reset" button. I tried with a clean config dir, but this also changed nothing (the current config is migradet from XBMC 13).
pejobo

Return to Broadcom