PACMAN SYNC ERROR ON ODROID N2+

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

PACMAN SYNC ERROR ON ODROID N2+

Postby AdelFortin » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:22 am

Hi everyone,

This is my first Time installing archlinux arm on an odroid N2+ and the first Time using an EMMC.

I have some issue with pacman, the command line : "pacman-key --populate archlinux arm"
return this error message : "The keyring file /usr/share/pacman/keyrings/archlinuxarm.gpg does not exist."

The command line : "pacman-key --populate archlinux" seems to work, but i don't think i will go anywhere with the packages of the non arm distro.

When i try to install some packages or to simply make "pacman -Syu", i got this error message "failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.archlinuxarm.org : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds.
failed to synchronize all databases (download library error)

For your information :

i have haveged enabledd
i tried pacman -S archlinuxarm-keyring
i can ping 8.8.8.8
i can ping google.com
"ip address show" return an ipv4 adress on eth0.
i tried to disable timeout delay on pacman.conf
i tried "curl -o /dev/null -v http://www.google.com", it return that google.com was left intact
i tried to add this line to pacman.conf for using theses specifics mirrors "Server = http://mirror.archlinuxarm.org/$arch/$repo"
i also tried to uncomment the different mirror adress in /pacman.d/mirrorlist
i also tried to reinstall from the beginning and i retrieve the same problem

Nothing worked, i am a little lost, and don't know where i should be searching for answers.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS : even if i read a lot of topics in my life, this is my first time creating one on a linux forum, so don't hesitate to tell me if i did something wrong.
AdelFortin

Re: PACMAN SYNC ERROR ON ODROID N2+

Postby JustAnOpossum » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:04 pm

It seems like there is a problem with the current Arch ARM rootfs. I am having the same problem with the keyring error. It looks like older versions of the rootfs have the correct keyring. So try and build with an older archive
JustAnOpossum

Postby moonman » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:24 am

Just "curl -O" the "archlinuxarm-keyring" package from a mirror and then install it with pacman -U .
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby AdelFortin » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:06 am

I didn't post right away because all my problems don't seem perfectly solved, but i manage to make some progress.
Here, is what i did.

i followed the information here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman/Package_signing
And locally signed the key, after that I was able to install archlinuxarm-keyring, and update the keys.

I was still suffering of timeout from the mirror list.
I tried to use the Xfercommand Curl and wget but with no results.
I disabled ipv6 in the bootargs options, the dl speed was lightly improved (but nothing comparable with my raspberrypi4 also on alarm, connected with the same cable model on the same router).
I edited the mirror list and uncommented the au and br mirror, because i was receiving timeout message error from them.

Last night, it seemed I had decent speed with my download of packages, but still slower than the pi4.

After work, I will try again to see if it's definitively solved or not.
AdelFortin

Return to ARMv8