Hard lockups since recent package updates

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

Hard lockups since recent package updates

Postby justinkb » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:57 pm

Anyone else have this issue?

My prime suspect is kodi-rpi since the Nexus update. I have it running as a service on my HTPC/server combo.

Machine's been running for over two days now without hard lockups since I exited Kodi (service is set up not to restart it), whereas it locked up several times in the days prior when Kodi was running (mostly idling in home screen since it wasn't used at all afaik).

If it is Kodi, it's hard to diagnose the exact error since because Kodi takes over the screen, i can't see any console kernel panic message (if there is one), I'm just left with a frozen screen with the time of the crash top right of the Kodi home screen as only forensic evidence. The machine becomes afaict instantly completely unresponsive, doesn't respond to pings for example.

This is on Raspberry Pi 4 aarch64 archlinuxarm
justinkb

Re: Hard lockups since recent package updates

Postby graysky » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:59 pm

journalctl output?
graysky
Developer

Re: Hard lockups since recent package updates

Postby justinkb » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:38 am

Can be marked solved or whatever, it ended up being a failing USB sata controller. It not occurring during the time I had Kodi not running was pure chance. I had another identical device to try luckily and it hasn't given a peep since.
justinkb

Return to ARMv8