rpi3 wifi channel 13

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

rpi3 wifi channel 13

Postby replabrobin » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:55 am

The rpi3 seems particularly buggy wrt wifi & bluetooth. I have a latest rpi2 installation running fine on an rpi3, but although it sees some APs (not very many) it does not see channel 13 which I have used to avoid interference.

I see mentions of using raspi-config to fix country related channel issues, but I think that is only for raspbian (even though mentioned in the Arch wiki). I assume that I need to edit /boot/config.txt or something to get the wifi country correct or is that a complete red herring? What internationalization is being referred to in the raspbian threads?

Even if my internationalization is fixed I guess there won't be proper wifi until kernel 4.4 is used see eg https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1355
replabrobin

Re: rpi3 wifi channel 13

Postby syg00 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:17 pm

I tried changing the country code to "AU" in /etc/conf.d/wireless-regdom, but it just kept reverting to the "US" entry in the hardware. udev rules continually firing to set it to one then the other. Gave up and left it as it was shipped.
Seems slower than cat5 but does the job I want for now.
syg00

Re: rpi3 wifi channel 13

Postby replabrobin » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:28 pm

I looked at what raspi-config does and it seems to just mess with the country code in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and set up the locale etc etc.
replabrobin

Return to ARMv8