Recompile and install odroid-c2 kernel with modified .config

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

Recompile and install odroid-c2 kernel with modified .config

Postby paulcrawford » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:18 am

Through research and asking questions I have found that the simple way to get module for rtc-pcf2127 is to simply recompile the kernel as the source code is already there but it is not incorporated into the kernel or built as module.

I would like to do that with the Arch Build System, abs, so I am following the Arch Linux Wiki which says I should be able to do the following:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[root@normaddie-II abs]# abs core/linux-odroid-c2 to 3.14.65-5
==> Starting ABS sync...
receiving file list ...
rsync: change_dir "/aarch64" (in abs) failed: No such file or directory (2)
done
IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion

sent 107 bytes received 145 bytes 168.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0 speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1650) [generator=3.1.2]
')

I also tried:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[root@normaddie-II abs]# abs core/linux-odroid-c2 3.14.65-5
==> Starting ABS sync...
receiving file list ...
rsync: change_dir "/aarch64" (in abs) failed: No such file or directory (2)
done
IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion

sent 98 bytes received 145 bytes 162.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0 speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1650) [generator=3.1.2]
')

but clearly the same error with a slightly different package name.

Can someone please point out where the error is here?

Thanks,

Paul Crawford
paulcrawford

Re: Recompile and install odroid-c2 kernel with modified .co

Postby moonman » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:20 am

abs is for unmodified packages that come from upstream ArchLinux. All modified and arm specific packages (including kernels) are on our github https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to ARMv8