AUR Packages on Odroid C2

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

AUR Packages on Odroid C2

Postby Salm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:00 am

Hi,
Pretty much for all packages that I'm trying to install from AUR onto my Odroid C2 arch device I'm getting an error upon makepkg that aarch64 is not supported.

Can anyone give me some direction to how I could go about installing package like chromium-dev, plymouth and electron on this arch64 device?

Many thanks,
Sal
Salm

Re: AUR Packages on Odroid C2

Postby cmsigler » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:40 am

Hi,

Try adding 'aarch64' to the arch= array in PKGBUILD then run makepkg -s, for example. The ones I've tried have built and run OK. (Arch is pretty neat :) )

HTH.

PS: Make sure you have base-devel installed if you haven't done that already.

Clemmitt
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Odroid-C2
- Raspberry Pi Zero
cmsigler

Postby Salm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:21 am

Clemmitt,

Thank you so much for the reply. Your solution WORKED, was super helpful and practically saved my week :).

For anyone else using the above, just read through the PKGBUILD file to make sure you've covered all references to the arch type. For example in my case where I've installed chromium-dev I had to edit the following (on line 126) "elif [ "${CARCH}" = "x86_64" ]; then" to "elif [ "${CARCH}" = "x86_64" ] || [ "${CARCH}" = "aarch64" ] ; then".

In the end chromium-dev installation still gave me errors upon prepare() while attempting to install nacl/pnacl which doesn't seem to support aarch64 (at least with the provided build). So I'll see how I get around that. But otherwise for the rest of the packages I've attempted, the above method worked fine.

Cheeres,
Sal
Salm

Postby willemw » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:20 am

Or use: $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'makepkg --ignorearch') instead of editing the PKGBUILD file.
willemw

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:16 pm

makepkg &| makechrootpkg have the --ignorearch | -A flags. Use them, only applicable for package that are not re-packing binaries of course.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to ARMv8