Electron on Odroidc2: no such file or directory

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

Electron on Odroidc2: no such file or directory

Postby Salm » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:15 am

Hello,

If anyone can help me I'd be so grateful.

I have electron installed and I see it in /usr/bin as well as /usr/share/ but when I try to launch it I get "bash: /usr/bin/electron: No such file or directory".
Seperately, I've also downloaded the prebuilt arm version of electron and when I tried launching it I got the same error as the above.
Is there something critical I'm missing here?

Maybe it's also worth mentioning the issues I've encountered during building/installing which might help resolve this:

My installation command was makepkg -sri --ignorearch and there were three issues I ran into which I thought I've resolved:

1. libgcrypt15 was a dependency which wasn't available and wouldn't automatically download and I had to install that separately in order to continue installation.

2. As I was doing --ignorearch, this broke the proper download url defined in the PKGBUILD as a makeup of variables one of which was $CARCH but this was ignored so I had to hardcode arm into the url. at the same time I've also changed the version from 1.1.0 to to 1.2.5.

3. After download I got an error that the file's integrity couldn't be verified so I had to do "makepkg -g >> PKGBUILD && makepkg".

I have a feeling taht someone will scream at me here for something really silly that I've done.

Any ideas will be of much help.

Thanks very much,
Salm
Salm

Re: Electron on Odroidc2: no such file or directory

Postby Salm » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:23 am

Could this be related to the fact that Electron is designed for armv7 and I'm installing it on a aarch64 system?
Thanks!
Salm

Return to ARMv8