[SOLVED] new installation has no signal

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

[SOLVED] new installation has no signal

Postby chancho » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:07 am

i just bought an odroid-c2 and try to install the latest archlinux on it. however, i got no output from the hdmi and i think it actually did not boot. the red and blue lights were lit and nothing show on the screen. i tried both the emmc and sd card and had the same result. however, ubuntu boot ok.
Last edited by chancho on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
chancho

Re: new installation has no signal

Postby chancho » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:52 am

as i said, i got ubuntu working wiht odroid-c2. after many tries. i managed to make odroid-c2 work with archlinux as well.
solution : replacing the archlinux uboot with ubuntu's uboot.
how :
1) ubuntu is a two partitions distro, so make the sd-card or emmc with ubuntu image as usual.
2) make a copy of the /etc/firmware and /usr/lib/modules dir (i forgot the check if ubuntu link the /usr/lib and /lib like archlinux or not)
3) reformat the second partition and decompress the archlinux image into the second partition
4) replace the /etc/firmware with ubuntu's and copy ubuntu's /usr/lib/modules into /lib/modules/
5) adjust the /boot/boot.ini to reflect the change of uuid of the second partition
6) adjust /etc/fstab to mount the second partition as root and the first partition as /boot
7) reboot and we should ok to go into console mode. (the hardware cursor is still missing)

ps. after "pacman -Syu" the system still works ok.
chancho

Re: [SOLVED] new installation has no signal

Postby cpr » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:40 am

I anaged to get https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv ... /odroid-c2 working by using an external SD card reader, NOT the ubiquitous adapters.
With an SD card adapter neither MMC nor Mini-SD did work.
The same commands repeated from the bach_history but this the changed address of an external SD card adapter (bought the "bestseller" at Amazon) did the trick.

Maybe, maybe -- someone more familiar with the script might chime in) the ./sd_fusing.sh is different for /dev/mmblkX and /dev/sdX? That is the only software-side difference that I could think of.

(Now that the Odroid-C2 is up and running I am browsing the forums, this thread caught mt attention.
cpr

Return to ARMv8