raspberry pi 3 b

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

raspberry pi 3 b

Postby acconciox » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:56 pm

I need wvdial, modemmanager and usb_modeswitch to run on aarch64 mobile broadband connection, or, wpa_supplicant to start wireless connection, but i have to download dependencies also, why modemmanager and usb_modeswitch or wpa_supplicant is not available from tar.gz?
Do you have any suggest? thanks you
acconciox

Re: raspberry pi 3 b

Postby cachedrive » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:56 pm

What is your problem?
cachedrive

Postby acconciox » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:51 pm

i dont have eth0 connection, i know 2 ways to connect, wvdial (modemmanager usb_modeswitch) with mobile broadband or wpa_supplicant (usually iwconfig is already on the distro) i cant find iwconfig or wpa_supplicant. i dont know how to find wlan0, i dont know if is the right name.
thanks you
acconciox

Postby moonman » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:21 am

Just use internet connection sharing if you are using windows and use ethernet cable. If not, I think you just need wpa_supplicant and dialog packages for wifi to work and you can download them manually and install with pacman -U <package>
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby acconciox » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:39 pm

im sorry, i can use ethernet cable between 2 computer instead of wifi, using the server connected with ppp0 wvdial and the client (raspberry) just plugging ethernet cable between server and client?
i have a notebook with linux arch installed, do i need some package on client to share internet with ethernet cable?
Notebook with jack RJ-45 (net) and raspberry 3 b do i have to buy a special cable adapter?
acconciox

Return to ARMv8