arch for odroid N-1

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

arch for odroid N-1

Postby phase » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:25 am

will the arch latest image work on my N-1..it`s the 382 meg tar image for arm-v8..i guess it is the general purpose one ..
i am going to try get it going any help app thanks

..phase

p.s rockchip 3399
phase

Re: arch for odroid N-1

Postby summers » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:44 am

As far as I know its not supported - but to my mind the basic armv8 arch should work.

So your issues will be uboot and the kernel. So probably to begin with use whatever the odroid N-1 has, I guess debian?

Then first try swapping out the kernel - that will mainly test if mainline works.

Then look at uboot, whilst that should be simple - you may find that as its armv8 that it does secure boot - if so you'll need to look into whats required for signature. Hardkernel seems reasonably good at releasing code to do signature, if thats what you need. Or at least they did with the odroid c2.

Its a bit of work, but not too much hassle - I've got a PocketBeagle on Arch, that is probably similar hassle ...
summers

Postby phase » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:58 am

ok thank you..i try my best but no pro at coding so i may need more detail in what code and how to actually go about it ..i will flash the image to sd-card to start with..although i would prefer to use emmc..not shure if it is supported though,,hence sd-card to start..

thank`s phase..
phase

Postby summers » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:27 pm

Oh yes - how did you get hold of the N1 - it was only announced in Feb, I wasn't aware that it was yet available ...

ANyway, if you have problems - do ask. May well not be able to help - but then again may ...

Trees to try:

http://os.archlinuxarm.org/os/ArchLinux ... est.tar.gz
http://archlinuxarm.org/os/ArchLinuxARM ... est.tar.gz

You'll want to keep the same disk structure as the linux that works on the device.

And from the working distribution keep everything in /boot and /lib/modules - other than that use what is in the arch tar ball.

Try and understand how uboot is booting. If you can attach a serial connection to the UART it will be easier ....
summers

Return to ARMv8