Advantech Imx8 Quad Max Q7 Board

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

Advantech Imx8 Quad Max Q7 Board

Postby redbrain » Mon May 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Hello,

I'am a proud owner of a new Advantech Imx8 Quad Max Q7 Board. I tried the Armv8 Generic Image but until now without success. Nothing boots and I see no output on serial console. Some advices to get this board running? Someone already get a similar imx8 Quad based board to work?

Best Regards,

redbrain
redbrain

Re: Advantech Imx8 Quad Max Q7 Board

Postby redbrain » Wed May 08, 2019 2:40 pm

The first step was to get an working u-boot-imx image for that new Advantech Imx8 Quad Max Q7 Board.

I took u-boot image from the vendors yocto build. Then I flashed it to the right (!) place on the SD Card. That information was provided by the vendor.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'sudo dd if=imx-boot-imx8qmrom7720a1-sd.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=1k seek=32 conv=fsync
sync')

Then I prepared my SD Card with a yocto Build Vendor Kernel + device tree file and the Generic Arch Linux Rootfs Image for aarch64.

This setup is booting. Next step would be to replace u-boot and kernel with mainline versions. A detailed description will follow then.
redbrain

Return to ARMv8