How to run armv7h code on aarch64?

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

How to run armv7h code on aarch64?

Postby McFox » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:00 pm

I recently got a NanoPI Neo3, and finally managed to get alarm running on it.
Now the problem is that logmein-hamachi doesn't support aarch64 (yet). I read that on Ubuntu/Debian people just do some apt-trickery to be able to install armv7h/armhf libraries that allow running the program, but how do I do it on Arch? Is there some general tutorial about this stuff?

These are the commands they used:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libc6:armhf
sudo ln -s /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 /lib/ld-linux.so.3
sudo apt-get install libstdc++6:armhf
')
McFox

Re: How to run armv7h code on aarch64?

Postby graysky » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:10 pm

No idea what the software is but:
1) If there is source available try building for aarch64
2) swtich from aarch64 to armv7h
graysky
Developer

Postby McFox » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:06 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('graysky', 'N')o idea what the software is but:
1) If there is source available try building for aarch64
2) swtich from aarch64 to armv7h

Logmein-hamachi is a free VPN. I kinda ended up changing to Zerotier instead, because it was easier to get to run and has much higher limits (and is still free).
I ran into an extra hurdle with my kernel not being up to date for some reason though - uname -r was showing 5.4.x but the installed modules were at 5.8.x, so certain things just wouldn't work. It's probably due to the fact that I had to use Ubuntu Core's bootloader, because I couldn't get the one someone compiled for the NanoPi to work... I don't really know how to solve that, as installing the uboot-rock64 package (which is the closest to the NanoPi) just basically bricks the thing and now I have to reflash and start again. But that's a whole other story.

Out of curiosity, how would I go about switching to armv7h? Building from source is out of the question in this case because it's closed source code (I think).
McFox

Postby graysky » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:42 pm

Which guide did you use to install Arch ARM? I do not know what you're running or why you're mixing ubuntu packages with Arch ARM. Further, I would never run a closed-source VPN. Stick with OpenVPN or Wireguard. There are no free lunches.
graysky
Developer

Postby McFox » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:33 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('graysky', 'W')hich guide did you use to install Arch ARM? I do not know what you're running or why you're mixing ubuntu packages with Arch ARM. Further, I would never run a closed-source VPN. Stick with OpenVPN or Wireguard. There are no free lunches.

I'm not mixing packages, it's just that the only information I could find was from someone running ubuntu (or something else that has aptitude).

The guide I used was this one:

https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv ... stallation

With the exception of the dd stuff from this:

https://github.com/norman-arch/Bootloader-NanoPi-NEO3
McFox

Postby morfi717 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:26 pm

Did you find solution to your issue? I have the same problem, an armhf closed source binary where the creator of the application also posted this "tutorial" on how to run it on aarch64 debian but I can't mimic this on aarch64 arch.
morfi717

Postby nxshock » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:25 pm

There is ARM HF version of this software: ;)
https://www.vpn.net/linux

No need to use armv7 version.
nxshock

Return to ARMv8