Console Size with Linux-Raspberrypiy4 Kernel

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

Console Size with Linux-Raspberrypiy4 Kernel

Postby steadybright » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:03 pm

My RPi-4B console does not take up the full monitor screen when booting into the linux-raspberrypi4 kernel.

I've tried overscan settings in the /boot/config.txt to see if they would help, but they haven't.

I've tried fbset:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'sudo fbset -a -g 1920 1080 1920 1080 16')

When I boot my RPi-4B with the Raspberry Pi OS SD card, both the console and desktop fill the screen.

Likewise, when I boot into my RPi-4B with the "standard" AArch64 kernel, both the console and the desktop environment take up the full screen.

I'm guessing the problem has to do with one of the /boot/cmdline.txt console entries, which I have not changed. I tried to get smart on that today, but I apparently failed since I have not figured out how to fix this.

Note that I'm currently using the "vc4-fkms-v3d" overlay, but I did boot with the "vc4-kms-v3c" overlay as well, and it doesn't fix this problem.

Thank you in advance for any ideas you can provide to help..

sb
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
steadybright

Re: Console Size with Linux-Raspberrypiy4 Kernel

Postby steadybright » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:33 am

Not sure what else could have fixed this, but I tried the following in the /boot/config.txt again, and my issue is resolved:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'disable_overscan=1')

Perhaps I forgot to reboot the last time I tried this, I don't recall. It's working for me now.

sb
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
steadybright

Return to ARMv8