Solve OrangePi zero plus (allwinner H5) ethernet issue

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

Solve OrangePi zero plus (allwinner H5) ethernet issue

Postby razer » Sun May 23, 2021 6:43 am

I've been strugling since a while on getting my OrangePi zero plus (allwinner H5) fully working, using linux-aarch64 mainline kernel.
Everything was working fine, except ethernet. Hardware was well detected, but not working.

Besides, linux-sunxi AUR package, that basically installs armbian kernel package on archlinux, is able to get this ethernet to work (but adding its own problems...)

Using device tree files from debian on aarch64 kernel solves this ethernet issue too, but breaks gpio support and adds various kernel panics in the logs.

Working on a workaround, I've just compared sun50i-h5-orangepi-zero-plus.dts files between the two kernels, and find that the armbian one uses "rgmii-id" as phy-mode instead of "rgmii" on arch. Changing that on archlinux kernel dtb file solves the issue.

I don't know how to report bugs on archlinuxarm package, I hope this message can be usefull for someone else having the same issue.
razer

Return to ARMv8