Cannot the clock to sync so my time is wrong

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the AArch64 repo.

Cannot the clock to sync so my time is wrong

Postby grandcanyon » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:05 am

I have a RPI 3+ running ARMv8 with the linux-rpi kernel. I cannot get the time to sync as it either shows Sept 27th or todays date but 30 minutes or so behind. I've tried chrony, ntpd, and systemd-timesyncd. From reading through here, it seem like I just have to enable systemctl enable systemd-timesyncd and I should be good but this doesn't work. I am not sure where to turn. I can't believe a clock has me this stumped lol. I do notice my wifi doesn't start up very quickly. It use to but I enabled zram and for unknown reason this caused it start a few minutes after login.
grandcanyon

Re: Cannot the clock to sync so my time is wrong

Postby solskogen » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:42 pm

If you're using systemd-timesyncd, what does the output of [code]timedatectl [/code]say?
solskogen

Postby grandcanyon » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:46 am

It gives me the following.

[code] Local time: Wed 2023-09-27 21:42:18 CDT
Universal time: Thu 2023-09-28 02:42:18 UTC
RTC time: n/a
Time zone: America/Chicago (CDT, -0500)
System clock synchronized: no
NTP service: inactive
RTC in local TZ: no
[/code]
grandcanyon

Postby grandcanyon » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:35 am

Okay, I figured it out. I had too many processes enabled. I am using systemd-timesyncd so this meant I had to disable ntpd (or ntp) or systemd-timesyncd won't start at boot. I am using netctl (wifi-menu) for networking and for some reason systemd-networkd was enabled and running once I disabled stopped and then rebooted systemd-networkd doesn't start. Everything connects properly and the time is syncing as systemd-networkd prevents the sync. Thanks for the pointers.
grandcanyon

Return to ARMv8