ODROID-M1

This is for ARMv8 based devices

Re: ODROID-M1

Postby Sjon » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:38 pm

with 6.2 in the repos I'd have expected the installation should be straightforward but I'm still having issues booting from nvme - does anyone have this working?
Sjon

Postby EnigmaCurry » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:23 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Sjon', ' ')I'm still having issues booting from nvme - does anyone have this working?

Yes, I've got it booting from nvme (man, its fast!)

* I followed the directions from kreise

Theres a few typos in those instructions, make sure you mount the correct sys directory:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'mount -t sysfs /sys /mnt/archroot/sys/')

and mount the *second* partition (ie. your root partition) in the /boot/grub.cfg.

* I'm using the kernel from CounterPillow but now I'll attempt to compile my own.

Not sure what you've tried, but my own particular points I would make are:

While you are in the chroot, make sure to remove the `linux-aarch64` package. Once you got the right kernel installed, you can verify its the right kernel pointing to the correct kernel package (eg. `linux-aarch64-pillow`)

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
# pacman -Qo /boot/Image.gz
/boot/Image.gz is owned by linux-aarch64-pillow 6.2.1-1
')

It seems video is off during the entire boot, until it shows the login prompt (on nvme its ~5s). I imagine you can see more errors using the serial console cable.
EnigmaCurry

Postby EnigmaCurry » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:06 am

Actually, it is working just fine with the `linux-aarch64` from the regular repository, the pillow kernel is not necessary.
EnigmaCurry

Postby omgold » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:12 pm

I also got the M1 running with the vanilla kernel (6.2.8-1-aarch64-ARCH). USB and NVMe disks and HDMI video work fine. I have 2 issues, though, both related to HDMI.

1. CEC does not work. The device /dev/cec0 is there, and 'cec-ctl -S' discovers the other hardware just fine, but when I send commands, e.g. power on, nothing happens. (The same commands worked fine on Ubuntu).

2. HDMI audio does not come back after suspend. Both pulseaudio and wireplumber seem to put the device on suspend, after not being used for a few seconds. When I resume playback then, the players hangs until I restart pulseaudio/pipewire.

Anyone seen the same issues?
omgold

Previous

Return to ARMv8 Devices