Raspberry Pi 3 with official touch screen 7 - blank screen

This is for ARMv8 based devices

Raspberry Pi 3 with official touch screen 7 - blank screen

Postby gulivert » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm coming to you because I get stuck to use the official raspberry touch screen 7" with my fresh Arch Linux ARM install.

I followed the help from https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv ... berry-pi-3 to install the Arch linux.

My Raspberry used the official Raspberry Touch screen connected by DSI.
During the boot time everything works fine, I see the boot sequence of Arch but, at the end of boot sequence, the time usually linux shift to the first tty, my screen goes black :cry:

I tried to also connect my Pi to an HDMI monitor and surprise, the boot sequence show up to the Raspberry screen, and at the end switch to the HDMI monitor ! And then on the HDMI monitor I have my ready tty.

So do you already had this problem ?
Is there any command to see and change my video output?

Just for info, I'm not in X.

Any help will be very appreciate!

Just for info, before Arch I used Raspbian without this problem, then I do not think that is an hardware problem.

EDIT : I can reach my PI by SSH without any trouble, it is why I'm looking for command line to change video output, maybe it is a special setting inside /boot/config.txt to set...

Regards,
gulivert

Re: Raspberry Pi 3 with official touch screen 7 - blank scre

Postby gulivert » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:22 pm

OK, for all I installed the build for RPI 3 which install the system as AARCH64.
I just re-installed the system but this time I took the build for RPI 2-3 which install the system as 32bit aarch, then with this build I do not have any troubles ;)

I finally deal to get wayland + weston + webkitgtk working as KIOS mode then I can now start all my tests.
gulivert

Return to ARMv8 Devices