Issue about HDMI on Raspber pi 3B with Aarch64

This is for ARMv8 based devices

Issue about HDMI on Raspber pi 3B with Aarch64

Postby Handsome0hell » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:46 pm

So recently I install the Aarch64 version Arch Linux ARM on my raspberry pi 3B and ALMOST everything works fine during boot up except screen.

My screen use HDMI to connect to pi, and it needs some settings to work normally on Raspbian. Adding these codes below to config.txt makes it works:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=1
')

On Arch Linux, I no longer need to do it because the screen works fine after booting into system (After u-boot and booting kernel). But it is still looked strange before that, so I add the codes again. And it actually works! But then the problem occurred, after booting into system, the screen turns blank.

After noticing the problem, I have tried lots of times. Sometimes everything works perfect, the screen works normally and I can login too. But in most of the time, the screen just turns blank so I have to shut it down by pulling out the power cable.

Even at the lucky moment, some things happen. I can't use my keyboard sometimes when trying to login, so I replug the USB cable of my keyboard. Then the problem happens again: the screen goes dark.

I haven't tried to connect it via SSH when the screen goes blank. But one little thing is that the ACT light blinks regularly (2 flashes - dark, repeat).

Link of my screen:
https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/7inch_HDMI_LCD_(C)

And similar situation:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12957

Update: Problem occurs even when not adding the codes.

The keyboard matters.

I guess this problem is because the pi consume too much power, then the voltage is too low?
Last edited by Handsome0hell on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Handsome0hell

Return to ARMv8 Devices