Allo Piano codec outputs noise

This is for ARMv8 based devices

Allo Piano codec outputs noise

Postby gattumarrudu » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Hello,
I have installed an Allo Piano 2.1 DAC on a Raspberry Pi3. I previously used Volumio to play music and the sound seemed to work without issues.

Recently I moved to ArhLinux ARM and installed the codecs. I can see the correct device on aplay and alsamixer, but playing audio (with aplay) results in white noise no matter what audio format I use.

I tried the same setup with the armv7 distro and the AArch64 one (with overlays from AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rasp ... -overlays/). I get noise in both setups.

My aplay -l output (from the armv7 distro):

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[alarm@alarmpi ~]$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PianoDACPlus [PianoDACPlus], device 0: PianoDACPlus multicodec-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
')

Relevant dmesg output:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[alarm@alarmpi ~]$ dmesg | grep snd-allo
[ 8.226517] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered - will retry
[ 8.232606] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus soc:sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[ 8.505071] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered - will retry
[ 8.521368] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus soc:sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[ 8.536574] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus soc:sound: control 2:0:0:Digital Playback Volume:0 is already present
[ 8.546670] snd-allo-piano-dac-plus soc:sound: multicodec <-> 3f203000.i2s mapping ok
')

Does anybody know what the errir message are related to?

Thanks.
gattumarrudu

Return to ARMv8 Devices