sbs-battery issues on mediatek chromebook

This is for ARMv8 based devices

sbs-battery issues on mediatek chromebook

Postby labliani57 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:02 am

Hello, this is my first post on the forums and I'd like to thank the maintainers of the project :)
I followed the Acer Chromebook R13 guide for my Lenovo S330 which has the same SoC and board (hana.)
The problem is that sbs_battery appears to be non functional and floods the kernel logs about it reading more than 32 bytes, subsequently flooding all vts as well until I set kernel.printk; While this works it's less than ideal and still spams the log in the background making it hard to debug other things in the future. I first tried modprobe -r sbs_battery but the module appears to be builtin with the provided kernel image (3.18.0-12-ARCH) and I know next to nothing about the kernel image format (it looks like garbage as far as the few tools I tried can tell) nor the firmware on this chromebook. I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks!
labliani57

Re: sbs-battery issues on mediatek chromebook

Postby labliani57 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:40 am

I've found this guide on compiling the kernel https://elinux.org/User:Uli/Acer_Chromebook_R13_GPU_test_system#Build_Procedure as well as figured out the kernel partition is a verified boot image which I could repack with different cmdline options via vboot-utils so I tried sbs_battery.blacklist=1, silent, loglevel=2, etc without success but may finish fiddling around with the last few kernel compilation errors whenever I get some free time.
labliani57

Return to ARMv8 Devices