Pogoplug boots from usb, but no ssh access

Development on core packages and the distribution goes on in here.

Pogoplug boots from usb, but no ssh access

Postby evanl81 » Sat May 21, 2011 2:14 am

Hello,

I set up my plugapps-installed pogoplug to work on my home network. I had everything working exactly as I wanted - everything booted properly, all my installed packages worked, etc.

I came down to my beach house (that's where I was planning on leaving the installation) and tried to boot it. The orange light came up, but no ssh access. So I rebooted without usb - ssh works fine. So I tried reinstalling Arch Linux ARM on the same usb. Same problem. Reinstalled on a new usb. Still not working.

The only difference between my network here and at home is that my home network has a D-Link router, and the beach house has airport extreme. Why would ssh work on the legit version but not on the usb?

Also, I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but every time I turn on the pogoplug without a usb, the system has mounted as read-only (which it never really did before).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

EDIT: For sake of clarity - ssh times out. It takes a while, then just times out. And it does show up in the Airport DHCP list.
evanl81

Re: Pogoplug boots from usb, but no ssh access

Postby slycat » Sun May 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Review the /etc/resolv.conf file (if you have a computer around to load the usb drive).

You might have to change the nameserver or domain to match the new router it will be using.
Pogoplug Pro w/ Wireless User -> decomm.
Cubox-i4pro User
4TB eSATA HDD (8g/3700+ Sw/Storage)
Kodi / Transmission / Minidlna / Samba / Batch-audio-conversions / Lighttpd
------------------------------
Rollback Machine - Thanks to impatt
slycat

Return to Arch Linux ARM