can no longer ssh after pacman update

Development on core packages and the distribution goes on in here.

can no longer ssh after pacman update

Postby jdoconnor » Mon May 30, 2011 6:34 pm

I overwrote the root fs as suggested in another forum with the download from the installation wiki, but still can't ssh in (port 22 is not open). I did a samba install after the pacman update, and now have ports 139 and 445 open. Any other suggestions of what to try?
jdoconnor

Re: can no longer ssh after pacman update

Postby kmihelich » Mon May 30, 2011 7:36 pm

Reinstall the rootfs, and after it's install do a full system upgrade (pacman -Syu), then install samba.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby jdoconnor » Mon May 30, 2011 9:21 pm

I also did the library symlinking fix done for the Feb release before upgrading, and that functioned. Thanks.
jdoconnor

Postby ant129 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:10 am

Total noob alert for Linux. I think I have a similar problem. I got pluglinux to install fine and run but after I installed the samba application according to the guide provided on the wiki I can no longer SSH in. Checked IP address, I can ping it but if I try to SSH in I get a "connection refused" error in PuTTY. I re installed Pluglinux, made sure I did a fully system update as suggested and then installed samba again. Same result. Any help would be appreciated.
Noob alert!
Pogoplug v2 (not pink but grey)
Subsonic
ant129

Postby kmihelich » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:12 am

Be sure that you're not just doing one -Syu either. If pacman needs to be upgraded first, that will take priority and doesn't upgrade everything else.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby ant129 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:14 am

Thanks kmihelich, that was it. I wasn't reading what I was doing. Thanks for the advice. Also I ordered a disk hard drive since that seemed to be suggested on the board. I plan on trying to install subsonic next so I may have some more questions.
Noob alert!
Pogoplug v2 (not pink but grey)
Subsonic
ant129

Return to Arch Linux ARM