Cross compiling for arm

Development on core packages and the distribution goes on in here.

Cross compiling for arm

Postby iulian » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:49 am

I am working on a small project and a library i am using also uses boost and that takes ages to compile.

What packages do i need on my workstation to be able to cross compile ?I've tried everything and i've installed every compiler and library from arch AUR that contains the word ARM in it and it can't find the std libs or c libs i've tried to include in the compiler includes but i always get that it cant find bits/c++config.h i'v thought of pulling them from my raspberry pi zero but that does not have them either. WHAT DO I NEED ? it's been 2 days atm on trying to find a solution either emulating the pi or make the cross compiler work , i would have almost fininshed my proj by now :(
iulian

Re: Cross compiling for arm

Postby graysky » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:50 am

graysky
Developer

Postby iulian » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:30 pm

I am using the normal raspbian os on my pi and i can't access those packages

I am looking for a local thing i just want to do arm-g++ main.cpp
iulian

Postby graysky » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:50 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('iulian', 'I') am using the normal raspbian os on my pi and i can't access those packages

I am looking for a local thing i just want to do arm-g++ main.cpp

What are you asking for Debian support on Arch ARM forums??
graysky
Developer

Postby iulian » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:18 pm

dude i have a workstation that is running Archlinux and i need to compile for my raspberry pi and someone from the non arm arch forum told me that i should ask here for help
iulian

Postby graysky » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:19 pm

Debian != Arch ARM. Would you take your BMW to an Audi dealership for work?? Seek help on the RPiOS forums.

The link I provided above should provide some background. Distcc doesn't care if you're running x86_64 or aarch64 so long as you have a correct toolchain on the volunteer nodes. Alternatively, you can consider a package like aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc/ but it has to be matched to the target OS. That one is for aarch64.
graysky
Developer

Return to Arch Linux ARM