initscripts version is out of date and causes conflct.

Development on core packages and the distribution goes on in here.

initscripts version is out of date and causes conflct.

Postby starfry » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm just trying a new build for my rpi and note that the initscrpts package is out of sync with ArchLinux. I've been doing Arch for some time but am relatively new to the arm scene. The initscripts version is 2012.07.5-1 on arm and 2012.08.3-2 on ArchLinux. The package on arm conflicts with 'filesystem' (this is version 2012.8-1 on both ArchLinux and ArchLinxuArm).

The conflct is causing my build to fail:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
checking package integrity...
loading package files...
checking for file conflicts...
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/mnt/starch/profiles/elements/silicon/template.arm/etc/profile.d/locale.sh exists in both 'filesystem' and 'initscripts'
/mnt/starch/profiles/elements/silicon/template.arm/usr/share/man/man7/archlinux.7.gz exists in both 'filesystem' and 'initscripts'
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
')

I'm building my image with "mkarchroot". I can "-f" my way past the problem but that isn't the point. What I'd really like to understand. as a new person here, is if packages on arm do typically become out of sync with archlinux ?

So, should initscripts be updated to 2012.08.3-2 or is this version lag intentional ?

Much appreciated.
starfry

Re: initscripts version is out of date and causes conflct.

Postby WarheadsSE » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:48 pm

The version lag is intentional :)

It will come along soon, as we've been holding off on the /usr/lib change. We doing that now.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to Arch Linux ARM