libhybris

Development on core packages and the distribution goes on in here.

libhybris

Postby jeffstory » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 am

This project: http://mer-project.blogspot.com/ sounds very interesting.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'W')hat is libhybris? Libhybris is a solution that allows non-Android systems such as glibc-based systems (like most non-Android systems are) to utilize shared objects (libraries) built for Android. In practice this means that you can leverage things like OpenGL ES 2.0 and other hardware interfacing provided within Android hardware adaptations.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'O')n the PowerVR SGX, there was an API provided called WSEGL, for making plugins that were windowing systems (X11, Framebuffer, QWS, Wayland..) that allowed me to do just that.

If I understand this correctly, libhybris would be a viable solution for the lack of ARM GPU drivers for the Linux desktop. Just leverage the Android drivers!

This discovery gives me something to look forward to, running Arch + a proper GPU driver on my pandaboard !! This also gives me a reason to actually care about Wayland......

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the possibilities of this ever being implemented for an X based system?
jeffstory

Return to Arch Linux ARM