Asterisk in ArchLinux on ARM

Development on core packages and the distribution goes on in here.

Asterisk in ArchLinux on ARM

Postby davidnewton » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am

I installed ArchLinux on a Dockstar. I am trying to use asterisk on this setup. I have tried to install asterisk 11.4.0 with pacman and also tried to compile from latest asterisk source code. Both methods have problem:

1. The package from pacman does not include jabber (xmpp) and gtalk (motif) modules. Everything else seems to work fine. I don't know why these modules are not included in the offical package;

2. For the source code, when I compile from the latest source code (both asterisk 1.8.22.0 and asterisk 11.4.0), the compilation can not pass through for chan_sip.c file. It gives the error message as below. The same source code can be compiled without problem in debian.

I am wondering if anyone knows how to solve these problems. Thanks a lot.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[CC] chan_sip.c -> chan_sip.o
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:199500: Warning: partial line at end of file ignored
{standard input}: Error: open CFI at the end of file; missing .cfi_endproc directive
gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://bugs.archlinux.org/> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [chan_sip.o] Error 4
make: *** [channels] Error 2
')
davidnewton

Re: Asterisk in ArchLinux on ARM

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:13 pm

If there are patches that apply, I would suggest looking at them, and the status of the files after these being applied.

Please also compare the difference between toolchains in debian vs Arch.

WFM in (old thing) does not mean much. Sometimes people don't try compiling their original source (aka Asterisk team) against up-to-date toolchains, and this happens. Example, my patches to the mochad code based.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby davidnewton » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:53 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('WarheadsSE', 'I')f there are patches that apply, I would suggest looking at them, and the status of the files after these being applied.

Please also compare the difference between toolchains in debian vs Arch.

WFM in (old thing) does not mean much. Sometimes people don't try compiling their original source (aka Asterisk team) against up-to-date toolchains, and this happens. Example, my patches to the mochad code based.

Thanks for your reply. I could not find any patch for these two asterisk versions. It seems that it can compile all other modules but only chan_sip. I copied the file chan_sip.so from pacman package and fooled the compiler to skip the error for chan_sip.c, the compilation went through. Unfortunately, this way, when I run asterisk, the chan_sip.so module could not be loaded.
davidnewton

Postby davidnewton » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:00 am

Update:

I have successfully compiled the older version (certified version) 1.8.15.0. Now, it works ok for all modules.
davidnewton

Return to Arch Linux ARM