[RESOLVED] PlugUI Shares..

Development on core packages and the distribution goes on in here.

[RESOLVED] PlugUI Shares..

Postby Highvoltag3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:21 am

Hello I just found out about PlugUI it rocks, everything works fine for me except for probably the most important thing I wanted to work :( yeahhh my luck is like that..

Share Files, shows the popup and everything but when I click on Submit the FILE ID just changes and the share is never shared (it doesn't appear under Shares or anything). Anyone else having this issue?
Highvoltag3

Re: PlugUI Shares..

Postby mrsteveman1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:20 pm

You're probably using an older version of PlugUI, make sure you upgrade all the packages, if the problem is still there make an issue on the github page https://github.com/Arch Linux ARM/PlugUI/issues
mrsteveman1

Postby Highvoltag3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Just installed and downloaded yesterday with pacman.. so It should be up to date right :p I'll get the latest version from github just in case.
Highvoltag3

Postby Highvoltag3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:02 pm

I reopened the issue in git (or well posted the results there) in the one that was closed.

It seems like a permission issue.. but I was checking the plugui.cherrypy and the user for the plugui server is root same as the jquery file.. so I ran out of ideas.. the problem is definitely jQuery not being loaded, and everything else from /static/... permissions are set to 755 which should be fine.
Highvoltag3

Postby Highvoltag3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Found the issue

Actual call to jQuery in layout.html
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/static/jquery-1.5.1.min.js"></script>

In addshares.html you're calling
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/static/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>
Wich doesn't exist in /static/

I would recomend changinf both to:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js"></script>

That way you avoid having to change it at least until jQuery 2 hits the web.
Highvoltag3

Re: [RESOLVED] PlugUI Shares..

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm

However, then we require an internet connection for PlugUI to work.
We're better off just linking a version to jQuery.js
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: [RESOLVED] PlugUI Shares..

Postby johnnyvibrant » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:09 pm

very true and ive found in my experience that google hosted apps are not really as fast to download as advertised, especially for single use situations
johnnyvibrant

Return to Arch Linux ARM