Error after upgrading

Development on core packages and the distribution goes on in here.

Error after upgrading

Postby larsr » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:49 am

After I upgraded the system a couple of days ago I can't run svn.
I get the error
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'svn: error while loading shared libraries: libcom_err.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
')
which is because the upgrade installed $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'core/e2fsprogs 1.41.14-1') which contains the upgraded $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/lib/libcom_err.so.2')

I guess the easiest way to fix this is to rebuild svn on a system that have the new e2fsprogs installed.

A fix while I'm waiting for an updated $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'extra/subversion') is to put the old $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'libcom_err.so.1') in a directory $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'mydir') and run svn with $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=mydir svn') which helps the loader to find the library that svn needs.

Sorry if all this is because of my misunderstanding of something!

/Lars
larsr

Re: Error after upgrading

Postby kmihelich » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:18 am

After upgrading from the old repo, you will need to reinstall some packages because of file ownership between packages getting switched up. libcom_err is one such file.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -Sf iana-etc libnl e2fsprogs')
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Return to Arch Linux ARM