Kernel configs, IPVS and keepalived

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Kernel configs, IPVS and keepalived

Postby redlichtie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:45 am

I have both BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi 2 systems running and when I wanted to use IPVS it was only possible on the BeagleBone Blacks.

It turned out that the reason for it failing on the Raspberry Pi 2, is that the kernel doesn't have the required modules compiled.

By that I mean that the kernel packages linux-am33x and linux-raspberrypi have different configurations with regards to the IPVS kernel modules.

I don't know if the other kernels are configured differently but I have to build my own Raspberry Pi kernel at every release to include the modules.

I understand that the kernel configs have to be different because of the different hardware platforms involved but should they all share a common core set of modules?

Please add the following to all platforms so that there is a more unified experience using archlinux|ARM (it only adds 140k to the image).

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'CONFIG_IP_VS=m
CONFIG_IP_VS_IPV6=y
# CONFIG_IP_VS_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_IP_VS_TAB_BITS=12
CONFIG_IP_VS_PROTO_TCP=y
CONFIG_IP_VS_PROTO_UDP=y
CONFIG_IP_VS_PROTO_AH_ESP=y
CONFIG_IP_VS_PROTO_ESP=y
CONFIG_IP_VS_PROTO_AH=y
CONFIG_IP_VS_PROTO_SCTP=y
CONFIG_IP_VS_RR=m
CONFIG_IP_VS_WRR=m