question about hardware 64 bit supported by archlinuxarm

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

question about hardware 64 bit supported by archlinuxarm

Postby acconciox » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi, this question is related to my hobbies, im using at the moment raspberry pi 3 arch linux arm, i like to use raspberry to browse and as desktop, and it's good, but i want to see also movie and run chess engine 64 bit that are optimized to run fast using numa, assembler popcnt (if possible) i would like to test stockfish, asmfish and cfish for example on armboard 64 bit and video acceleration for movies, at the moment, what's the best hardware 64 bit supported by arch linux arm that you can suggest me, to help with my hobbies?
P.S. i have only mobile connection or wifi (i already have an asus wifi key) if necessary, so i must be able to connect with these 2 only.
P.S. i have 2 screen (hdmi and hdmi/vga) it would be nice to plug both on the same arm pc

ciao e grazie!
acconciox

Re: question about hardware 64 bit supported by archlinuxarm

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:55 pm

Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: question about hardware 64 bit supported by archlinuxarm

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:00 pm

NUMA is not present on consumder ARM boards, let alone many at all. When all the cache memory is in the same blob, NUMA is moot. We've discussed this before.

Your best bet is the ODROID-C2 at this time as the best supported 64-bit.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to Community