Proposal: Leave threads unlocked longer

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Proposal: Leave threads unlocked longer

Postby thomasjames » Wed May 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Time and time again I'm finding completely unresolved threads that are locked, despite being just weeks or months old. ALARM is a small community in general, and the necessary segmentation into microarchitecture-specific subcommunities naturally makes it feel that much smaller. Why lock weeks-old threads with valuable user support efforts taking place, when support is so sparse as it is? The ROC-RK3328-CC was only released two months ago, and yet literally every thread about it is locked before any definitive solutions were found.

Mods: please consider leaving threads open for longer periods of time. The status quo is personally frustrating, but more importantly I suspect it will impede the growth of the ALARM project as a whole.
thomasjames

Re: Proposal: Leave threads unlocked longer

Postby bulletmark » Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 pm

+1
bulletmark

Postby campbell » Sun May 13, 2018 7:48 am

+1. I'm not sure who benefits from the existing locking policy.
campbell

Postby bulletmark » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:45 am

Can an admin please fix this issue!? We can not quote reply to the last post from 12 hours ago on a topic like this viewtopic.php?f=65&t=12661 merely because the 1st post was a few weeks ago. It is ridiculous and makes this forum very frustrating to participate in.
bulletmark

Return to Community