rpi 3 b armv7h: hard disk external problems

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

rpi 3 b armv7h: hard disk external problems

Postby acconciox » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi if i use external hd TOSHIBA 1T (ntfs) for storage no problem, if i try to watch a video, using mpv-rpi + ffmpeg-mmal, the ram is wasted entirely in few secs, and then rpi crashes ,if i copy the same video on ext4 external hd it works perfectly.
If i watch the same video from a partition nfts 32 G usb key 3.0 nfts it works.

Code: Select all
Bus 001 Device 013: ID 0480:a202 Toshiba America Inc Canvio Basics HDD

this is the hd and i plug it on a powered hub 2.0 so i exclude the energy problem.
I have 2external hd toshiba same model so i exclude that one is corrupted (hardware or software), both are not working, i would bet on some warning related to hardware that infest some temporary log, but systemd

# See journald.conf(5) for details.

[Journal]
#Storage=auto
Storage=none

there is no storage on fiiles, but journal service still works just bypassing the log write, maybe the problem is to remove some warning.
To use mobile broadband usb dongle i have to boot with:

/boot/cmdline.txt
root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait console=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 selinux=0 plymouth.enable=0 smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 elevator=noop ipv6.disable=1 slub_debug=FZP

(slub_debug=FZP) if there is some relation.
acconciox

Return to Community