rpi 3 b armv7h: hard disk external problems

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

rpi 3 b armv7h: hard disk external problems

Postby acconciox » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi if i use external hd TOSHIBA 1T (ntfs) for storage no problem, if i try to watch a video, using mpv-rpi + ffmpeg-mmal, the ram is wasted entirely in few secs, and then rpi crashes ,if i copy the same video on ext4 external hd it works perfectly.
If i watch the same video from a partition nfts 32 G usb key 3.0 nfts it works.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'Bus 001 Device 013: ID 0480:a202 Toshiba America Inc Canvio Basics HDD')

this is the hd and i plug it on a powered hub 2.0 so i exclude the energy problem.
I have 2external hd toshiba same model so i exclude that one is corrupted (hardware or software), both are not working, i would bet on some warning related to hardware that infest some temporary log, but systemd

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# See journald.conf(5) for details.

[Journal]
#Storage=auto
Storage=none')

there is no storage on fiiles, but journal service still works just bypassing the log write, maybe the problem is to remove some warning.
To use mobile broadband usb dongle i have to boot with:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/boot/cmdline.txt
root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait console=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 selinux=0 plymouth.enable=0 smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 elevator=noop ipv6.disable=1 slub_debug=FZP')
(slub_debug=FZP) if there is some relation.
acconciox

Return to Community