Doubts on installing blackarch

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Doubts on installing blackarch

Postby Lander1979 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Hi, I just got alarm up and running on my Pi 3 B+ with all the bells and whistles which wasn't easy to say the least, especially considering I'm booting from a USB 120GB SSD, no cf cards involved.

Perfect, because my next exercise was going to be trying to get a full install of blackarch up and running. My first hurdle of the day was trying to work out why my blackarch keyring was misbehaving from the get-go and not letting me install anything... Well...

It turns out, after a day of scrubbing and validating pgp keys, that it isn't my problem, and that some of the upstream blackarch packages are in fact corrupt, woefully out of date, or wildly conflicted.

That's when I started to dig a little deeper... blackarch has a Youtube channel and its website boasts that the channel has mainly install and tool tutorials on it... in actuality it has precisely 1 video... from January 2014...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChw5hB ... F7QeLEGICQ

So where are all these tutorial video's? why does this feel like a scam/failed kickstarter?

I have strong doubts about blackarch... to the point where I wonder what is actually being downloaded... I mean is this a joke OS? Do the pgp keys actually mean a damn if the whole thing is a ruse?

Should I be wiping my Pi now and start re-installing Alarm from scratch?
Lander1979

Return to Community