Utilite latest image - new fresh install

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Utilite latest image - new fresh install

Postby paladin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 am

Hey team

I just found this project and dug my old utilite out of a box.... you know the box that crap you purchased gets chucked into when it doesnt work as expected.

Anyway I have downloaded the latest utilite image and flashed it

the system boots up which is a great start compared to the prior success or lack of with this unit

However i cant find details on the default utilite user password

can anyone help me out?

I have tried
root
rootroot
toor
alarm
utilite
password
Password
Password1
admin

and have had no luck
paladin

Re: Utilite latest image - new fresh install

Postby Nickybelliya » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:04 am

You can write all Fedora ISO images to a USB stick, making this a convenient way on any USB-bootable computer to either install Fedora or try a live Fedora environment without writing to the computer’s hard disk. You will need a USB stick at least as large as the image you wish to write.
if you are using a distribution other than Fedora which does not support Flatpak, this may be the easiest available method. A standard installation of Fedora, or a standard GNOME installation of many other distributions, should be able to use this method. On Fedora, ensure the packages nautilus and gnome-disk-utility are installed. Similar graphical direct-write tools may be available for other desktops, or you may use the command-line direct write method.

Download a Fedora image, choose a USB stick that does not contain any data you need, and connect it.

Run Nautilus (Files), open the Overview by pressing the Start/Super key, type Files, and hit Enter.

Find the downloaded image, right-click on it, go to Open With, and click Disk Image Writer.

Select your USB stick as the Destination, and click Start Restoring.
Nickybelliya

Return to Community