a problem with my network manager

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

a problem with my network manager

Postby VordFilly » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:44 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with my network manager. Every time I want to connect to a VPN server it wants the root password. But I want to connect automatically after boot without having to re-enter the password every time. There's a built-in option where I have to make the server accessible to all users and then I should be able to connect automatically after boot, but that doesn't work. Each time I reboot, a second identical LAN connection is automatically created, but without the option activated to automatically connect to the configured VPN. I also tried adding my user to the nm-openvpn and wheel group or adding the nmcli command to my autostart.

I got it to run via openvpn systemd service, but now I've got that problem that my DNS is leaking. I tried adding
employee monitoring
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'push "dhcp-option DNS 193.138.218.74"')
into /etc/openvpn/server/server.conf, but no change.

In nm I could simply enter the DNS server, but it still asks me for the password every time. I don't care if I solve the problem through nm or server config file, the main thing is to connect to the VPN server automatically after boot without any password or leaks.
VordFilly

Return to Community