Request for a discussion on the future of Arch Linux ARM

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Request for a discussion on the future of Arch Linux ARM

Postby technosf » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:47 pm

Following on from my post ALARM for a new server(https://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16130), I wanted to speak to what I have been reading in the to-and-fro in the forum on trying to get information on and delivery of new kernel builds replete with configurations that speak to new platforms that the community is using.

From my perspective:
$this->bbcode_list('1')
  • The forum has changed from being very active to be quite quiet
  • Participation by the Admins in the forum has decreased
  • The sense that ALARM has a purpose or direction, or a character, has dissipated
  • The more engaged and advanced members of the community are frustrated by a lack of insight, communication and agency

• I can only believe that the Admins are also feeling frustrated or overwhelmed.

I think we all care what happens to this project, this community.

How can we all come together to reimagine what it would mean to be able to work together, to build some new lines of communication, identify the difficulties, and build-out the skills, knowledge and tools to have a happier, harmonious community?

Can the Admins DM individuals they are comfortable with to feel out avenues where we can look at new ideas for working for the future of the project? How do we build some lines of communication?

As someone who's used ALARM for a fair while, I greatly appreciate the Admins, their skill, knowledge and hard work getting ALARM to what it is. Please forgive the frustrations that arise when the community want to help.

We are at a turning point.
    [size=85] MochaBin 5G || NSA325 [/size]
    technosf

Return to Community