How to post a modified PGKBUILD

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

How to post a modified PGKBUILD

Postby pentolino » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:01 am

Hello,
I have modified PKGBUILD for plowshare and netio; both are not in ArchLinuxArm repository but can be compiled and run on ArchLinuxArm by just modifying the PKGBUILD.
I would have published them in AUR but I see it's against the rules to publish such a modified PKGBUILD since it would have the same name and version of an existing package.
I would be glad to contribute them to the Archlinuxarm but I simply don't know where to start... any hints? Should I post the modified PKGBUILD in the User-Submitted-Packages forum?
Thanks.
pentolino

Re: How to post a modified PGKBUILD

Postby kmihelich » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:59 am

You could post the modifications here in the event someone else is looking to build those packages. We maintain a handful of packages from the AUR that are highly requested by the community, but we can't just add everything to the repo. The reasons are the same that Arch doesn't do it, the same reasons the AUR exists in the first place.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Return to Community