Problems setting up distcc on Ubuntu 11.10 server x86 (VBox)

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Re: Problems setting up distcc on Ubuntu 11.10 server x86 (V

Postby moonman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:48 am

I use KDE on my macbook pro as it looks better :) suits the mac :).
Tried x64 in VBox and it fails with exactly the same message.
I guess it's time to try it on my desktop
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby moonman » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:49 am

I get exactly the same error still.I must be missing something... but i dont know what
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby kmihelich » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:03 am

You have build-essential installed, right? And when you did the configure on ct-ng, did you install stuff it said was missing (if anything)?
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby moonman » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:48 am

Yes, i do have b-e. It was missing gconf, flex, bison, curses (installed ncurses-dev), then something else which i couldn't find in the repos, so i googled and installed texinfo instead which removed the error. I even upgraded to 12.04 beta and tried it on my Desktop and macbook pro (running natively).
moonman
Developer

Postby moonman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Phew thanks kmihelich. Your toolchain works. Had problems with my desktop. It wouldn't compile anything and gcc segfaulted. Took me 3 days to figure out what the problem was. Turned out the ram doesn't like 800MHz even though it passes memtest just fine. Using it at 667MHz now :(
moonman
Developer

Previous

Return to Community