Amp\Wattage Consumption List

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Amp\Wattage Consumption List

Postby slycat » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:52 pm

One of the main reasons I picked up a plug computer is to reduce my home's power usage by replacing an old desktop machine. Before I had a tower with a 400W power supply acting as a server most of the time, but not 24/7 as to save energy (read: money).
However, since electricity bills tend to fluctuate month-to-month (at least, in my home from everyone touching the thermostat), I have never really been able to see what kind of difference using my plug has made. I do not own a wattage measurement device and I am not too keen on the idea of splicing an extension cord to have my multi-meter read the amperage.

So, out of curiosity, has anyone here calculated the power consumed by their plug computers? I hope this thread can be a location for everyone's amp or wattage readings from their setups, whether just a naked PPPro or a RPI with external hdd and monitor.
Pogoplug Pro w/ Wireless User -> decomm.
Cubox-i4pro User
4TB eSATA HDD (8g/3700+ Sw/Storage)
Kodi / Transmission / Minidlna / Samba / Batch-audio-conversions / Lighttpd
------------------------------
Rollback Machine - Thanks to impatt
slycat

Re: Amp\Wattage Consumption List

Postby Socaltom » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:30 pm

I put my pink v2 pogo plug w laptop USB drive on a "kill a watt". It measured 15 watts.
Tom
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1160&p=6482&hilit=Watts#p6482
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Re: Amp\Wattage Consumption List

Postby kmihelich » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Power testing by others on the Pandaboard is around 1.8A at a sustained full load, which running at 5V puts it at a whopping 9W of consumption. Other OMAP products are around the same or less. Additional USB and other peripherals will vary consumption.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Return to Community