Introduction

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Introduction

Postby profebral » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:39 am

I just got my Pogoplug. I am pretty interested in the Arch Linux ARM project. I am not the best coder in the world but I have been doing some pretty fun stuff with Python as of recent. I will be peeking in from time to time to see what I can learn. :D
profebral

Re: Introduction

Postby crimsonredmk » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:31 am

Hey profebral - welcome to our community. It might not look like much at the moment but we have tons of stuff lined up for the Pogoplug. Hope you're enjoying yours and be prepared to enjoy it more when Arch Linux ARM "publicly" launches.
Remember, Arch Linux ARM is completely donation-supported, and is totally awesome.
crimsonredmk
Site Admin

Postby grahams » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:47 am

Just landed a pogoplug and I wanted to see what I could do with this little guy.

Hoping it can become my squeezebox server, an NFS server and maybe a little more. My basic idea is to have this guy replace my 300W PC as a media server and therefore save power and my little part of saving the planet.
grahams

Postby guenne » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:02 am

Hi there,

now I have a goflex home - and the first job was to remove the unusable factory setup. Reading through the froum I was able to manage it - great forum and infobase. Now this device is usable and would like to do some more customisation.

Best regards from Germany.
guenne

Postby crimsonredmk » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:05 am

Glad you're here!
Remember, Arch Linux ARM is completely donation-supported, and is totally awesome.
crimsonredmk
Site Admin

Hello

Postby coastal » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:13 am

Hi there,

I thought i'd introduce myself. I've just bought my first PogoPlug. Hopefully by the end of the night I'll have it set up with my externals as a set of samba drives. Ready for an xbmc'd apple tv 2 coming next week.

Er, that's about it for now. I hope I don't post too many help requests. :D

Coastal
coastal

Re: Hello

Postby DePingus » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Welcome aboard.
The community is rather small, but very helpful. I'm sure you'll do fine.
DePingus

Hi!

Postby stanhughes » Wed May 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Using Arch Linux ARM install to build a 72 TB iRODS data grid. With a limited budget of less than $5000, it wasn't possible to go the traditional route. Currently have 5 Pogoplugs (v2) and 12 2TB external drives. The main iRODS server is a VM running on a NAS storage array. Have iRODS running on Arch Linux ARM install and communicating with the main server as a iRODS resource. The plan is to have 8 pogos, each with 8 TB of storage to give 64 TB. It has been a lot of fun getting everything running. Still have some problems to work out, but have the basics working. Wanted to introduce myself asking a whole bunch of questions :-)

Stan
stanhughes

Postby crimsonredmk » Wed May 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Pics or it didn't happen. *drools*
crimsonredmk
Site Admin

Postby stanhughes » Thu May 05, 2011 8:39 pm

stanhughes

Return to Community